We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy and a Child Protection Officer. We are happy to provide a copy on request. The purpose of the policy is:-
For Children and Young People in our care:
- Ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure they are safe from all harm.
- Respecting them and valuing them.
- Listening to them and relating effectively with them.
- Treating them fairly and honestly.
- Taking all reasonable care to ensure that suitable individuals are appointed
- Giving them the necessary guidance, support and training.
- Helping them to behave in a wise, appropriate and exemplary fashion.
- Supporting them in being above reproach when dealing with children and young people.
- Demonstrating that all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure workers and leaders have been assessed and checked both within the church, and independently of the church.
- Demonstrating to them that their children are safe and valued in our care.
- Encouraging and supporting them in their role.
- Making sure they are consulted & communicated with.
- Maintaining and enhancing the witness of the church in the community.
- Promoting the church as a place and a people where everyone feels, and is, welcome, safe and valued.