Put very simply, we believe the Gospel
Q. What is the Gospel?
A. The word Gospel simply means Good News.
The central message of the Bible is the gospel, or good news, about Jesus Christ; who he is and what he has done. In a day of depressing headlines and uncertainty all around us, good news is very welcome.
Q. So what is this Good News?
A. The Good News is that:
- The one and only God, who is holy, (and is also everything else that he says he is in the bible), made you and me in his own image in order that we would know him, our maker. (Genesis 1:26-28).
- But we sinned (rebelled against him in disobedience) and cut ourselves off from him (Genesis 3; Romans 3:23), bringing upon ourselves God’s sanction of everlasting condemnation.
- In his great love, God became a man in Jesus, lived a perfect life, and died on the cross, thus fulfilling the law himself and taking on himself the punishment for the sins of all those who would ever turn from their sin and trust in him (John 1:14; Hebrews 7:26; Romans 3:21-26, Romans 5:12-21).
- He rose again from the dead, showing that God accepted Christ’s sacrifice and that God’s wrath against those who believe had been exhausted (Acts 2:24, Romans 4:25).
- He now calls us to turn away from our sins and trust in Christ alone for our forgiveness (Acts 17:30, John 1:12). If we repent of our sins and trust in Christ, we are born again into a new life, an eternal life with God (John 3:16).
Here is our full Statement of Faith