Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Shepshed Word of Life Church is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Shepshed Word of Life Church complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely and by not collecting or retaining unnecessary data.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide safe activities for the benefit of the public, including young people’s activities, a day centre for the elderly and a parents and toddlers meeting. Details of these are available on our website.
- To administer membership records;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our accounts and for the processing of gift aid applications;
- To inform members and friends of news, activities, services and prayer requests
- To enable pastoral and prayerful support by our pastors
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services
- Legal obligations in relation to accounting, gift aid, employment or social protection law.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will not share your data with third parties without your explicit consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data only whilst individuals are members, regular members of the congregation or are attending one of our activities. Gift aid declarations and associated paperwork are kept for up to 7 years; and marriage registers permanently.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Shepshed Word of Life Church holds about you;
- The right to request that Shepshed Word of Life Church corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Shepshed Word of Life Church to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Nigel Holmes by email or at 3 Harley Close, Shepshed, LE12 9JQ
You may contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.